weddings abroad with marry abroad

turquoise lake in argentina

How to Marry in Argentina

Argentina really is an incredible country to get married in, and with a recent change in the law non-residents can now legally marry there. It's now one of the only South American countries where you can legally marry without being resident, so why not make the most of this incredible country and have a fantastic wedding here?
Below are the legalities for marrying in Argentina, to help you plan your ideal wedding abroad.

Message us

Receive Wedding News and Offers


Argentina Marriage Law Requirements

What are the legal requirements to get married in Argentina?
Legal age for marriage is 21 years for both men and women.

Bride and Groom may not be related by blood, marriage or adoption.

Two witnesses are required.


How long do I have to be resident in Argentina before I can get married?
You must apply for temporary residency at least 5 days before your ceremony, which you can do by using your hotel as your temporary address and taking your passport to the Registro Civil.


Getting a marriage licence

You will need to take the documents below to the Registro Civil to choose a wedding date.

Only a civil ceremony is recognised by Argentine law.


What legal papers do I need to take with me?
Passports and photocopies.
Blood test results (blood taken no more than one week before your wedding day)
Complete the paperwork you are given at the Registro Civil
If you have been divorced then the final divorce papers must be shown, stamped with an apostille.
If you are widowed then the death certificate of your previous spouse must be shown, stamped with an apostille.


Please note: this information is for guidance purposes only and liable to change without notice. Please check with your wedding planner in resort or the relevant embassy of the country in which you intend to marry for up to date details before you marry.

Ask for a legalisation quote

Argentina Average Weather

weather chart argentina

Argentina Marriage Registrar's

You should contact the civil registry office in the town or city
where you wish to get married to obtain your marriage licence.