You're thinking about getting married in Italy, but you're not sure where to marry? Well, take a look at our top 10 reasons to get married in Italy and see if we can put your mind at ease. Click on the picture on the left to see more lovely images too!
1. It's the land of Amore! Romeo & Juliet, the greatest love story ever told was set in Verona and you can still see Juliet's balcony there.
2. It's relatively simple to marry here.
3. For its lakeside beauty in the Italian lakes. Waterside grand houses, pretty castles, and secluded inlets make stunning wedding locations, whichever you choose.
4. The multitude of famous locations in Rome! Classical history, the Coliseum & Roman Forum, the Spanish Steps (poet Keats lived next to them), parks, gardens, a million scooters and fantastic food.
5. If you want to have a movie-star location pick the Amalfi Coast & Capri. Romanticised in the 1960s, this coastline used to be famous for its holidaying movie stars, and with its quiet bays, brightly coloured houses, lemon groves and turquoise seas it is now a popular wedding destination.
6. If you'd like a classical location choose Sicily. Less well known as a wedding location, this island is full of history, art, folklore, olive trees and vineyards. Mount Etna overlooks the isle too.
7. If you'd like to exchange vows in the art capital choose Florence. This city of art is full of gardens, palazzi and the famous Duomo. Wander over the Ponte Vecchio on your way to get married and soak up the atmosphere.
8. For a simple but elegant ceremony look at Tuscany. Rolling hills, ancient walled cities, leaning towers, vineyards, rustic farmhouses, these are all what make “Chiantishire” a great wedding choice!
9. To have a secluded wedding ceremony think of Umbria. Not as well known as Tuscany, this region has as beautiful countryside but with less visitors, so it's ideal if you'd like a quietly romantic ceremony.
10. To bring out your inner romanticism decide on Venice. What could be more romantic than being serenaded on a gondola while floating down the canals to your wedding service? Sounds perfect to us!